Donnerstag, 28. November 2019

Australia- The DownUnder, my first throwback

To be honest, studying in Australia feels not that different from studying in Germany. But some differences apply due to the other education system and the culture.

Some similarities are:


- I go to the classes/lectures
- I have breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Students are late: in class, for tutorial, meeting for group work,...
- Learning materials are available for sale from previous students

- I ride the bike to Uni
- I meet friends whenever I have time


Some differences are:

- writing exams/assignments/Quizzes during the whole semester

- Very expensive reading Materials (required reading books)
- a lot of recommended reading articles/books/journals that give you a broader insight of the content in each week but takes a lot of time to read all of that 
- attending Tutorials for practise the content from the lecture
- having a "perusal time" before the exam actually starts, where you are allowed to different things depending on your course (reading, writing notes, start exam,...)

- having cold/hot lunch and hot Dinner (but that's because I'm living with the family and I did it different at home)

- doing exercises (sport) at 6 am rather than at 4pm
-  don't go out on fridays (because its more expensive)

Things I didn't expect:


- ALL lectures and Tutorials start on time
- The goal of studying is passing, the higher the score the more waste effort into the work
- sitting on my computer for a lot of time every day to read the recommended readings to be updated in all Coures
- writing the exams with 600 other students from different faculties in the gym.

- getting attacked by birds
Exam week
I think hat this list is getting longer with the time I'm here. I will make an update later in my second semester. But now I'm on my BIG Holidays. 

Best wishes from our Roadtrip!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...