Sonntag, 17. November 2019

Perth- meeting my new travel mates

After a good arrival in Perth I had 3 days on my own to explore one of the biggest cities in Australia. On Friday I met my Travelmates Angelique,Chloé and Sarah. All on working and holiday in Australia but originally from  France.

The first nights I stayed in a hostel close to the city center if Perth.
The koala backpacker hostel offered free breakfast which was really comfortable so I had no stress in the morning to find a place for breaky (Australian slang: [breakfast])

On my first day I explored Perth by the free CAT buses and by a lot of walking.
This day we had 38 degrees and almost no shade. But I was prepared with a water bottle, I had sunglasses, my hat and sunscreen. 
There are some water refill stations so I don't carry a lot of water with me, I just refill my 1 liter bottle.

Perth City




The second day I spent with finding a new phone that fits to my needs because my old one has some troubles with loading apps and finding GPS signal.
In the afternoon after spending a lot if money in the phone and accessories (I made a good deal) I booked the ferry to Rottnest island for tomorrow (Friday).

Because of the complicated conversation with my next accommodation (couchsurfing) I spent another night at the koalas backpacker hostel.

The third day I woke up early and made my way to Perth station to catch the Fremantle train to Fremantle (a small city south of Perth).
The ferries to Rottnest island departure at this harbour, North Fremantle or Perth. Fremantle is the cheapest and a nice city to explore, too.


Ferry to Rottnest island

Harbour of Fremantle 

I missed my ferry so I had to wait 1,5 hours for the next one. That gaves me the opportunity to walk along the ocean to explore Fremantle a bit. When I entered the marine steam engine exhibition I had a nice convo (conversation) with the stuff member. He told be about the best places to visit in Fremantle and a lot more.




Engine in the marine engine steam exhibition 


At Rottnest island I could never t believe that this is all true. It felt like in a dream.
The scenery, the way to get around this island, the feeling and the fact that I was on a boat with three foreigners for 3 hours.



The quokkas look great but the fact that it takes ages to get the right photo is hidden. But it's really fun to spend time with the happiest animals on earth.

This night I made my way to the Airbnb, our next accommodation. Tonight I met the French girls.

On Saturday we made our city trip in Perth. Had nice convos and laughed a lot.


In the evening we made wraps and prepared our lunch for the next day that we spent on Rottnest island.

It's different to explore the same places with more people than alone. Sometimes it's harder to take a decision what to do next but other times it's helpful due my bad orientation and decision making.

Chloé, Angelique, Patricia, Sarah on the ferry to Rottnest island


When we came home we wanted to cook omlett but because if the fact that all big grocery shops are already 2 hours closed (at 7pm). We had to buy a "cheap" dinner in a small really expensive shop that was the only shop open on our way home.

At home we packed our stuff for tomorrow.

We will start our trip at 9:30am up north.
First stops are planned already.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...