Samstag, 28. Dezember 2019

Adelaide-Impressions of the cities on the roadtrips

  Adelaide
  • Capital city of the state South Australia in Australia.
  • City of churches
  • festival city: Festival of Arts, Glenelg Jazz Festival
  • 1,1 million citizens (Adelaide itself 17.500)
  • UTC +9:30 in Winter and +10:30 in summer


On 25.12.2019 I flew to Adelaide. In the plane I had a talk to a guy from Perth. We were talking about family, my trips so far, his job. That sounds weird in the first moment but that's quit natural in Australia to have a Smalltalk with someone you don't really know.
Airport Perth
I was very late at the airport that's how -i started the conversation with the guy. I was impressed how many families are in the plane on Christmas day. But that's how they go and visit their families.
Caused by the time difference (+9:30 hours) we arrived in Adelaide at 11:30pm. Public transport is very good in the cities so it wasn't a problem to catch a bus at this time to get to the hostel.
free pancake breaky 
The same day I went to the Hotel to have another nap and to see my parents the day after. 

The view from the Hotel



This day was a shock for me. I forgot about the day and just went into the city to get a Christmas meal. But 26th of December is Boxing day in Australia. It's a public holiday after Christmas and shops are open. They do have a lot on sale. You can compare this day with Black Friday or Super Saturday.

In Australia companies make more revenue than on Black Friday or super Saturday.
People sleep in the city to be the first one to enter the door, others wake up at 4am to be at the shop at 5am (it still opens around 8am).

Park in Adelaide
Adelaide
Botanical Gardens Adelaide

University of South Australia

Old vs. New Adelaide

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...