Dienstag, 24. Dezember 2019

Merry Christmas from Down Under

Christmas lights trail Perth: Reindeer Greetings

I wish all of you a lovely Christmas. Happy days with family and friends. Enjoy the food and the presents and the relaxing time.

Christmas is a lot different to me this year in Australia. Not only the fact that I'm on the other side of the world also the fact that I'm on my own and not with family and friends.
Another difference is the date of celebrating Christmas.

Australia is celebrating Christmas on 25.12. with the following boxing day (26.12.). These days are both public holidays and the 24.12. is like any other day.

I'm staying in a hostel so I can enjoy the sun and the beach over the Christmas days and take part in the organised family dinner in the hostel on 24.12. 



Scarborough beach Perth

International Christmas Dinner 

I will spend the actual Christmas at the airport and in the plane. My flight to Adelaide to meet my parents the day after is in the afternoon on 25.12.

Eventhough that I don't have the feeling Christmas is coming up, the decorations are singular. 

Not only Christmas trees...

 ... also outside houses

...the Matagarup Bridge...


Christmas projections: St. George's Cathedral, cathedral square

Mooditj Yongas 'Solid Kangaroos'
Santa's Throne
Gingerbread house
Angel Wings

Light up Christmas tree 




...the city with its lights Christmas Lights spots around the city...

... and even the bus.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...