Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2020

Second semester preparations

To start the next semester successfully I have to do some things:
  • look after courses that are interesting for me and that I am also allowed to take (from RAC and USC)
- that is sometimes a bit tricky because pre-courses have to be taken or any other                  requirements have to be granted

Insight of the courses I can take with reservations (Anti/not allowed to take at the same time)

  • The time enrollment is available enroll into the courses (without choosing the times of lectures and tutorial, workshops,...)
  • When class selection is open, choose your campus and the time for each course
During that:
  • Check the time table for clashes. Last semester I had to change a few tutorial times    because of class time clashes
  • Check the course outline of each course for which books are required
  • Have a look on the Facebook page for Textbooks selling at USC for second-hand books (The reading material is really expensive and for an exchange student most time not worth it to spend too much money on it)
  • Get a calendar to enter the due dates for assignments and the mid-semester break
  • Transfer the tuition fees to get free credit on the printing account (10$)
An example of the aspects I have to check out the course outline of one of my courses:

HRM210 course outline semester 1 2020
  • Due to my course BUS 331 - business internship I do have to take other steps to get enrolled in this course.


What's special in this course?
  • BUS 331 is a third year business course (3xx) where students are doing an internship instead of going to the lectures.
  • The duration of the internship is 96hours during week 2 and 13. Which means once a week 8 hours of work in a company
  • Assignments still have to been taken: Journals that show your improvements, reports and a final presentation as well as regular meetings with your person responsible in the company
  • years ago students had to pay money to take this course, now it's for free (my last information)
  • You'll get no marks for this course. It's either passed or failled, so please check with the examination office, if you're allowed to take the course

Requirements for this course:
  • Contact Julie Flangain, she'll get in contact with you and talk through the process
  • get a CV ready as your application for the internship and hand it to Julie
  • Julie will check if your marks in the past meet the requirements (I don't know what the requirements are, but my results were good enough)
  • Meet Julie to get to know each other and she'll present you a few job opportunities
  • choose the department/company you think your tasks fit the best to what you want to experience
  • Julie will contact the company for you to get an appointment for the interview
  • If you had a positive result from the interview:
  • you'll fill in the contract between you, USC and the company (in my case Matthew Flinders Anglican College- Human Resources Management)
  • (apply for the Blue card (Führungszeugnis) if you're working with children/people)
  • START working as an intern in AUSTRALIA

The whole process is still going (because of the blue card) and I started researching in November last year! The first time I contacted Julie was at the beginning of December.

Even though that I was on holiday,coordination of this course takes alot more effort and time than just enrolling in a course after checking the criteria.

Jobs that need to be done till the semester starts:
  • go on holiday again on 14th of February!!!

My time table (Monday morning is free till 10 am, I had to enroll in a course for the student visa because I can not enroll into the internship course yet...

PLUS 8 hours work on Friday at the school.

The collection of the courses was still easier this time than for the first time. One good thing about the double degree. NOT everything is new. But I'll tell you more in the next post.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...