Sonntag, 15. März 2020

Cultural exchange

Not only at work and at home also my friends are from different cultures.

This weekend: 


JAPAN

I met my friends Mirin and Nanoka. They are both from Japan studying here on the sunshine coast Bachelor of Animal Ecology and courses in Accounting (also exchange student).

We once said that we want to make an event for an cultural exchange. So we started to plan this event.
Naaaa [No] not really planning.
I said to her "... Should we catch up with Seina after the long holiday in two weeks?"
She replied: "Yes sure I'll ask our friend Seina."

Great we had the day fix.
One week later Mirin texted me: "Seina forgot about our catch up but we can have Japanese food. I'll cook for you!"

I thought: I'm reaaaaaly excited, WOOOW. BUT ohhh noooo to bad, but okay let's do it together and catch up with Seina another time. 

I was so excited!!


Mirin, Nanoka and me

Mango juince, "make your own" sushi, rise and cream stew 
YUMMMMMM these meals were fabulous. Just amaaaaaazing. Really!! Mirin is such an amazing chef.

That's gonna [going to be] a real challenge for me to to serve such a delicious german meal!! WOOOOW 

I learned two japanese words today:

- Itadakimasu= (before eating) thank you for the food and have a nice meal
- gotchisousama= (after eating) thank you

In the afternoon went for a short walk and played Twister. Soooo fun. I loved that day!!!!


And surprise surprise for dinner back at home we had japanese night- Ramen - YUMM

(No photo, sorry. I don't want to take photos of food all the time- classic tourist)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...