Donnerstag, 12. März 2020

Sunny weather but still fun studying!! How is that possible?

One BIG BIG Goal of life in Australia is:

HAVING FUN

"Did you do something fun today?"

I get the question almost every day from one of the family members I'm staying with when I'm in my room a lot on a day.

In the beginning I often had to say "probably not really." That's a bit sad if I think back. When I changed my lifestyle (not even really on purpose) I began wake up early because of the rooster and the happy birds in the early morning (5 am). But that's too early for breakfast. So let's do some exercise.

For example: Yoga session at 7am or hiking Mt. Coolum at 6:30am


After doing something fun in the sun going to classes or work?!

Yes my work is super fun. I can show my skills I learned or improved in my previous work and I can apply my knowledge I gained at the different universities. But I also challenge myself with tasks and simple things such as working in a different culture and using an English key board. Sounds funny, sometimes it really is but after looking for a special character for aaaages I get frustrated.

So why did I chose this course?

I was a bit bored last semester or I had other expectations but there wasn't only one reason:

1. I wanted to experience something different and new for me in Australia. I want to get out the most of this year abroad.
I want to finish my study successfully but also gain more experiences for my personality and employability internationally.

So working in a different culture is a real challenge even though that I know in which direction that culture is different.

I'll talk about my interview at the school and my first day at work in a couple of days time.

2.
I had the feeling that working is missing in my life. The last semesters in Germany I was working at University and after that I did my internship (full-time). In my first semester in Australia I was working/ volunteering as an USCi Brand Ambassador. But this wasn't all I wanted in my study. I had the feeling I need to do more in my life a s a student overseas.

3.
As a student with an international Degree in June this year I will apply for a job in an international company which means it's probably a company that is relatively big. 
Which means more applicants. 
So I was asking myself what makes me employable.
I came up with my skills I gained in the international office at Uni and the experience in the Human Resource Management department during the internship-all In Germany.

To sum up- are these really special things in Germany in my CV? -Nowadays not really. A lot of students are working during studying so I need a plan to stand out of the crowd.

And I want to have fun and also challenging myself. So here we go - now I have to find time to see my friends.
JOBS- JOBS-JOBS

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

FINALLY DONE! Congrats!

 I just returned back to Germany with two degrees. But that's not the whole truth. I'm back since mid July already. I was waiting ti...